For families who cannot afford a casket we do have assistance if we have the funds and you meet the requirements. click here.
- Grieving is hard work, and takes time. Don’t rush it.
- Journal your thoughts. By journaling, you can release some stress, create memories, and promote healing.
- Listen to music related to loss may help during this process.
- Allow others to help. Accept meals, help around the house, and babysitting. It is hard enough just to make it through each day. Letting others help can lift burdens from you, and allows others to contribute when there is little else that they can do to help.
- You will always miss your baby, but it will not hurt this badly forever. In time, you will find your new normal, laugh and have fun again.
- You are not alone. Pregnancy loss is not as uncommon as you might think. One in four pregnancies is lost in the first trimester. One in thirty-three babies die in the second trimester. One in 160 babies die in the third trimester.
- There are people near you who understand the difficulty of this kind of loss. Try to connect with one of them. You can ask for a pregnancy loss peer, check with a support group, or ask for a loss doula in this time of sorrow. Call (513) 619-0100 to participate in one of our support groups.
- Place keepsakes in a special place to honor and remember your baby.
- Crying at various times throughout the day is normal, but also schedule special times to think about your baby, grieve, and heal.
- Continue to pray. Blameful thoughts may come to mind, dismiss them and pray for the strength to make it through each day.
- We are here to help. Contact one of our client advocates at heavensgain.org or (513) 607-6083
Resources to Grieve and Heal
Heaven’s Gain Ministries has support groups. We also have individual support and couple support.
Other organizations offer support. Please click on this page to find additional resources for support
Symptoms and Triggers
Many people ask, “Will this emotional pain ever get better?” Yes, the pain will decrease over time, but occasionally there is a wave that will knock you over and you will have to get up all over again. It really helps to join a support group specific to the loss of a baby. General support is not the same as that specific to losing a baby. Look for pregnancy loss support groups in your area or join an online support group. Our Heaven’s Gain Ministries support groups are available online and in person. Contact our peer support coordinator Kim Kelley for more information (513) 619-0100.
(513) 607-6083 / (513) 619-0100
(513) 607-6083 / (513) 619-0100
Group support is available in-person (Cincinnati Area) or virtually as an on-line zoom meeting. On-line meetings are private to the group only, so call to get the meeting ID and password (513) 619-0100. Currently zoom meetings are held monthly on the second Thursday, 7 pm EST for Pregnancy loss support and on the fourth Thursday, 7pm EST for Rainbow pregnancy support.
The term Rainbow pregnancy denotes the joy of a new baby after the storm of a pregnancy loss.
These are a few of the common stresses women feel after losing a baby
Contact us about joining a support group (513) 619.0100
Peer Support Coordinator
I joined the Heaven’s Gain Family in 2014 and currently hold the position of Peer Support Coordinator. In this position, I facilitate meetings four times a month, contact and follow up with clients after a loss, talk to funeral homes about current and future needs, occasionally help with birth plans and offer peer support to anyone needing it.
It is a true personal mission to make sure women and families get the support they need before, during and after the loss of their precious baby.
Contact Kim@heavensgain.org or (513) 619-0100