Families who meet with a Heaven’s Gain Ministries Baby loss Doula® or Baby loss Family Advisor™ make the best, most informed choices that help enhance a loving encounter with their baby. Planning these meaningful moments help create lasting memories that bring comfort before, during, and after the delivery of their baby.
We highly recommend that you make a birth plan for the hospital. Remember that these special and meaningful moments help create lasting memories that bring comfort over time. The birth plan is not written in stone. You can always alter it. It is important to write down your plans, because while you are experiencing the birth of your baby, you may forget the plans and have regrets. Take your time when making these decisions. Discuss options with your spouse/partner before finalizing any decision. Here is a link to our fill-in-the-blank template birth plan.
Choose the Information you need (Links below)
A Baby Loss Family Advisor/Baby Loss Doula areas of service:
- Helps prepare you and your family for the baby’s birth
- Offers gentle support, guidance, and reassurance
- Assists in creating a birth preference plan factoring in knowledge of pros and cons
- Aids in memory making
- Guides and advocates for you
- Acts as a liaison with the medical community (in person only)
- Avails herself for advice before, during, and after the birth of your baby
- Connects you with additional support resources
A Baby Loss Family Advisor/Baby Loss Doula prepares you for the birth. (Learn more)
- Usually the hospital will make the room special so people know your baby is being born still, like wings on the door to your hospital room.
- Your preemie baby may look red because his/her skin may be so thin that you can see the blood under the skin.
- Your baby’s body may be fragile, requiring special care when handling the baby, especially prior to 32 weeks. We recommend the saline bath, using the vessel if the baby is less than 22 weeks gestation.
- The baby’s skin may be fragile and the top layer may rub off like skin from a sunburn.
- Ask the nurse or doctor to call your baby by name.
- You may want the nurse or doctor to hand you your baby in a blanket so you can open the blanket slowly and look at each beautiful feature of your baby.
- It is best to bring in a camera with a separate SD card. Having all of the pictures on a special SD card allows you to look at the pictures when you want and not when you are unprepared.
- Treasure the short time with your baby. Fill out a birth plan, as you may not remember everything you wanted to do with your baby: rock, bath, diaper, dress.
- Determine what types of memorabilia you would like to keep of your baby: blanket, baby cap, footprints, hospital bracelet, measurements…. There are many of these suggestions in the birth plan that you can just check off and give to your nurse or Baby Loss Doula/ Baby Loss Family Advisor to make sure they are collected if possible.
Please feel comfortable to call us for assistance when filling out the birth plan. (513) 607-6083
Ways to Receive Support
Heaven’s Gain Ministries
6962 Harrison Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45247
For longer, uninterrupted, support, it is always best to call for an appointment (513) 607-6083.
Donna: (513) 607-6083
Kim: (513) 619-0100